I don’t need a reason to wear bright colors but some celebrations dictate a color etiquette that must be followed. This Saturday Holland will celebrate King’s Day and everybody in town will wear orange. At least I know Amsterdam does because other cities not so much Even though I never really was a fan of orange, lately I’ve been wearing it a lot both in my outfits and make up. And on top of that the color is totally on trend both in fashion and beauty
Inspired by these beauty trends and King’s day I created this orange make up look and added touches of blue/teal in my natural hair. Take a look!
How To: King’s Day Orange Make Up Tutorial
1. I started with applying Amazing Cosmetics Concealer. To make sure the color I apply on top pops out I colored my eyelid with a white eye pencil.
2. I proceeded with Catrice’s Papaya Don’t Preach. Starting 2/3 of the eyelid I added Flormar’s Orange Neon Eye Shadow making sure I also applied the color in the crease.
3. To add more depth, I proceed with adding the green-bronze shade in Sleek’s palette Original in the outer corner and crease. I finished by adding the bronze on top of that. Make sure to blend the eye shadow on top to create a smooth finish.
4. Take the metallic blue in the palette and apply it on your lower lid. I also applied Smashbox Always Sharp black eye pencil. I feel like I need to finish it with a black pencil so the eye doesn’t look ‘naked’.
5. Since this make up look is quite heavy, I think it looks gorgeous with an eyeliner line and two layers of black mascara.
6. For the lips I first applied a bit of Amazing Cosmetic’s Concealer. By doing this I make sure the lip color pops even more which is what I want for this look. I mixed two lipsticks to obtain the color I wanted, an orangy-coral shade. I used Flormar’s Long wearing lipstick L24 and Hema’s 25.
Dark Teal Natural Hair
I love playing with color and even though I don’t need a special occasion to color my hair happy, for King’s Day The Body Shop has two fun, hair chalks (pink and blue) in store that make it easy to add a touch of color to your hair for a day. (it goes away with washing your hair). On blond hair the blue becomes a bright baby blue while on dark hair it turns into this gorgeous dark teal. The little pot makes it easy to apply it although for my ends I had to gather them in my hand in order to be able to apply the hair chalk. Once finished it’s easy to store and use for a next time!
Make Up Products Used:
- Gemey Maybelline Terre Indienne Teint Bronze Powder
- Amazing Cosmetics Medium Golden Concealer
- Flormar White Nr. 113 Eye Pencil
- Catrice Papaya Don’t Preach
- Flormar Orange Neon Eye Shadow
- Sleek Make Up i-Divine The Original
- Smashbox Always Sharp Black Eye Pencil
- Rimmel 003 Black Exaggerate Eye Liner
- Catrice Ultimate Lash Multimizer Volume Mascara
- Flormar Long Wearing L24 Lipstick
- Hema Moisturizing Lipstick 25
- The Body Shop Blue Hair Chalk
Thank you for reading!