I love injecting a healthy dose of color wherever possible: in my wardrobe, my home and meals. A lot of time dishes offer little inspiration when it comes to color with its beige-colored ingredients. Sure, it might be a delight for your taste buds but they fail to inspire our other senses. These 15 colorful rainbow recipes will change that. From hearty, healthy meals to yummy sweets these rainbow recipes are vibrant in every way and will transform your next meal into a perfect instagram moment, no filter needed!
1. Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad: a colorful fruit salad has got to be the right way to get a taste of the rainbow. (from Cooking Classy)
2. Rainbow peanut noodles: It’s chocked full of healthy veggies and a tasty homemade peanut sauce. (via Gimme Some Oven)
3. Rainbow sangria: when faced with the choice of making a red , yellow or cool toned sangria why not mix them all together for a sangria with all the colors? (via Gimme Some Oven)
4. Rainbow cake in a jar: This promises to be a highlight at the table with all its bright colors that will inspire all your senses. (via Tablespoon)
5. Rainbow pasta: An easy method for dyeing pasta – no vinegar or alcohol needed to achieve these long lasting, vibrant colors. (via Learn Play Imagine)
6. Rainbow quinoa salad: a delicious Summer Quinoa salad with spinach, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, mandarin oranges in a homemade Balsamic vinaigrette dressing. (via Julia’s Album)
7. Colorful fruit popsicles: It only takes about a cup of cut fruit for each layer (via The view from great island)
8. Rainbow roasted vegetables: Having a hard time to get your kids to get their intake of good-for-you greens? Make it fun for them by “painting” a rainbow of vegetables (via Hello wonderful)
9. Rainbow Veggie Skewers: a rainbow creation which you can sizzle up alongside your summer steaks or chicken or tofu or what have you. (via Gimme some oven)
10. Circus animal cookie milkshake: Sugar coated cookies are the divine addition to a perfectly fun milkshake masterpiece! It’s a colorful, decadent, fluffy treat for all to enjoy. (via Smart school house)
11. Rainbow taco salad: If you like tacos and really colorful food, this salad is right up your alley! (via Gimme some oven)
12. Rainbow waffles: Cute rainbow waffles with whipped cream clouds and a fun “treasure” at the end of the rainbow. (via Tablespoon)
13. Rainbow veggie flatbread pizza: Taste the rainbow with this veggie pizza recipe. All you is 10 minutes of prep time, a few simple ingredients, and this Rainbow Flatbread Pizza will be ready to go in no time! (via Gimme some oven)
14. Rainbow Raw Pad Thai: An easy, colorful, healthy dish (via Oh she glows)
15. Rainbow Chopped Salad with Avocado Basil Dressing: You can really use whatever salad vegetables you like but by trying the “rainbow effect” you’ll maximumize the color pop (via The garden grazer)
What rainbow recipe will you try?
Thanks for reading!
January 24, 2015Comments
January 23, 2015Comments
When I was younger I thought the more oil, the better. The result was a big grease fest that made my natural hair untouchable, dry and which reminded me of the soul glow stains on the couch in Coming to America Since I’ve always dealt with dry natural hair this idea of adding more oil was installed in my head until I realized that with a small dosage I can get the maximum effect for each oil.
There are many wonderful oils out there but to make your choice easier I wanted to share my top 5 oils to use on natural hair, take a look!
Jojoba Oil Benefits
Is a light oil that is easily absorbed into the hair. I use jojoba oil both for my hair and skin since it penetrates quickly.
- most similar to natural hair sebum
- reduces dandruff – antibacterial properties
- prevents hair loss
- controls frizz
- removes build up around natural hair follicles
Castor Oil Benefits
Castor oil is quite sticky and I needed some time to adjust to it. At first I was afraid my hair would feel the same way but a little goes a long way when it comes to castor oil and I love how it makes my hair so soft. I find it most effective using it in my overnight hot oil treatments.
- improves scalp circulation
- helps (re)grow hair
- seals preventing breakage and split ends
Coconut Oil Benefits
Coconut oil is another staple in my hair and skin care routine. Besides this I also use it as a tooth paste, for oil pulling & to detox
- deeply conditions from the insides of the strands out
- provides protein
- eliminates dandruff thanks to its antibacterial properties
Avocado Oil Benefits
Avocado oil is a bit ticker compared to jojoba oil but very pleasant to the touch. It’s filled with vitamin E which gives you radiant skin and moisturizes your natural hair
- penetrates the hair
- smooths hair cutticles
- helps protect from future damage
- high in protein
Olive Oil Benefits
This is probably the easiest oil to use on your natural hair because we all have it in our kitchen! In fact when I started oil cleansing and experimenting with oils, olive oil was the one I tried it with since I already had it at home.
- great sealant
- penetrates the hair
- helps with dandruff, frizz, shine & sealing hair
Get the oils for your natural hair here:
Dabur Vatika Olive Enriched Hair Oil 300 Ml • Dabur • $6.79
Avocado Oil 100% Pure Organic Cold Pressed 8 Oz • $8.29
Coconut Revolution Oil For The Body • Urban Outfitters • $15.00
Sunny Isle Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor Oil 8 oz • $13.99
Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil • Desert Essence • $13.99
What oils do you use on your natural hair?
Thanks for reading!
TAGGED : : avocado oil benefits for your hair, Beauty, castor oil benefits for your hair, coconut oil benefits for your hair, diy deep conditioner, diy natural hair products, jojoba oil benefits for your hair, natural hair, natural hair care, oils for natural hair, olive oil benefits for your hair
January 23, 2015Comments
Losing weight and working out are probably on top of most people’s resolution’s list at the beginning of each year. I know working out is always a default one for me. I start it with lots of enthusiasm only to see it fizzle out by the end of the month. Overambitious like I am I start out with a strong will and go for it hardcore. I have a short term instead of a long term vision and always begin with a workout routine that I can never keep up in the long run. Because it’s too long, doesn’t fit my lifestyle, it’s physically too hard and so on. I’ve always read that 20-30 min workouts are the minimum but I decided to toss this rule out and try some short, quick workouts.
I prefer being consistent with working out than do so for 1-2 weeks and then quit along the way. Maybe it’s not as effective as a 20-30 minute workout but in the long run I win. I persist with my workout routine, I wake up looking forward to it and I have a kickass workout playlist that keeps me motivated. If you’re like me and have a hard time keeping up with your workout resolutions I have a great tip for you which will help you start right away: one song workouts!
One song workouts are exactly what it says. You workout during the period of one song (3-5 min max) and intensely train when playing an uplifting song. ‘You don’t have any time to workout, it’s boring, it’s hard and you don’t feel like it. I get it but that goes all out of the window with one song workouts. It’s quick, effective, easy to execute and you’ll get a great sense of achievement once you complete this every day, 3-5 times a week.
Photo credits: Buzzfeed
Thanks for reading!
January 22, 2015Comments
A maxi dress is chic and easy to style. Although this DIY maxi dress might seem like a Spring Summer look at first you can easily wear it in the Winter as well if you pair it with a cozy cardigan and scarf.
What you’ll need:
- 1.5 yards/meter of stretch fabric (mine is from http://www.siebrenmodestoffen.nl/)
- fabric scissors
- sewing machine (I use Brother DS140 http://rstyle.me/~2ieBk)
SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL
If you enjoyed this DIY maxi dress tutorial click like, share it with all your friends and subscribe for more videos
If you recreate any of my tutorials tag me on instagram using #pinkchocolatebreakdiy in your description :o)
Thanks for watching!
Follow Pink Chocolate Break’s board Sewing on Pinterest.
January 15, 2015Comments
I’ve been living in Rotterdam for more than 6 years. It took me 3 years before I actually visited the Euromast and I still have a lot of the touristy things I need to do and experience. When I’m travelling I can’t wait to see and do everything that makes the city worthwhile but since I live here it becomes so normal that I don’t even really bother.
So imagine how excited I was to hear Rotterdam was organizing its first hotel night on 17 & 18 January. The joy of sleeping in a fancy hotel is usually a benefit we only experience when travelling. Not only will you enjoy staying at one of the cool participating hotels in Rotterdam but whoever books will also have free access to all the parties & events organized in the hotels. From a rooftop Winter BBQ, cocktail workshop to lobbies filled with pop-up stores the program is filled with diverse activities. Since one night is too short, the Rotterdam hotel night has two full days filled with fun activities at each hotel, take a look at some of the highlights!
King Kong Hostel
The Saturday Fashion event & dinner will feature local vintage and/or trendy clothing shops’ pop-up stores in the lobby. And when you get hungry be prepared because for only 10 euro, Simone’s diner, a Brazilian chef, will cook a gastronomic three course dinner.
Address: Witte de Withstraat 74, 3012 BS Rotterdam
Get an exclusive tour in this historical ship with a 50′s interior design. When you’re done, get carried away to the sounds of the jazz singer Baer Traa at the night club.
Address: 3e Katendrechtse Hoofd 25, 3072 AM Rotterdam
A dinner with a view is always a good idea! And even though it’s Winter this doesn’t stop Stroom from organizing an unforgettable Rooftop BBQ with a view on the Euromast. The fire pits will keep you warm and the dj will set the tone for this Winter BBQ with choco-rum, Glühwein, Jägermeister, hotdogs, burgers, beer and snow!
Address: Lloydstraat 1, 3024 EA Rotterdam
Ibis Rotterdam City Center
You’ll learn the fine art of how to make a cocktails at Ibis during the Fabulous Cocktail workshop. Off course you’ll get to drink the result of your ‘hard’ labor
Address: Wijnhaven 12, 3011 WP Rotterdam
At H2otel you’ll get a blast from the past during The Best Disco Party in Town. Bring your wigs, all that glitter and wide legged pants!
Address: Wijnhaven 20A, 3011 WR Rotterdam
Hostel ROOM Rotterdam
Learn the ins & outs of how to make a tasty Rotterdam coffee during this workshop. Later in the night the hostel will organize a Open Mic Night for surprising acts from young, upcoming artists.
Address: Van Vollenhovenstraat 62, 3016 BK Rotterdam
Check out the full program of the Rotterdam hotel night on the website. You can also see here for which activities and dinners you need to make a reservation. When you book a night at one of the participating hotels in Rotterdam you’ll get two all access passes. Even if you’re not staying at one of the hotels you can buy a pass for 15 euro on the website
Thanks for reading!